Elder Warriors Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game settings tweaks.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim
General
General
Jim

Game settings tweaks. Empty
PostSubject: Game settings tweaks.   Game settings tweaks. EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Originally posed by: Tom_Morello

in the past year that ive played call of duty i have seen people tell me settings that improved my gameplay. so i feel that i should share some wiht you guys. feel free to post your guys's settings that can improve our players, thanks.

/cl_maxpackets 0 lowered my ping by 30 and jims by 5 (set this back to 30 if your going to be on a PB server. if you dont PB will kick you for not having any packetflow. if your ping is about 35-45 you want it set to 100 for more consistent ping and it will help with your bullet registry)

/cg_lagometer tell you if your lagging (not really a setting)

/cl_packetdup 0 can increase your accuracy

/cg_drawfps a usefull tool to see how many frames per second you are getting
/rate 25000 if its any lower i see a lag between me and the server

/snaps 20 if its any less theres a lag between you and the server

/com_maxfps 0 this lets your FPS flow freely.(cap this at 125 250 or 333 and you will be able to jump higher.)

and thats all i got feel free to add or disagree with me

Originally posted by:RifleDropper

These are not really settings, and are similar to Tom's.

Here is how to bind the Backspace key to work as your demo key. Press it once to record, press it again to stop. Saves having to type crap every time. Change the last line from BACKSPACE to whatever key you want to use (if you don't like the backspace key for some reason)

Instructions:

Copy/Paste all lines below into the bottom of your config_mp.cfg and Save (in call of Duty\uo folder).

// demo record toggle
seta demo_start "record; set demo_tog vstr demo_stop"
seta demo_stop "stoprecord; set demo_tog vstr demo_start"
seta demo_tog "vstr demo_start"
bind BACKSPACE "vstr demo_tog"

to view it

Pull down the console and type /demo demo000.dm_1

That is by default what the first demo is named. Next would be demo0001.dm_1 and so on. The command is just /demo tho. Good luck.

--------------------------------------
to bind a key to see your fps
--------------------------------------

bind x "toggle cg_drawFPS 0 1 2"

replace x with any key you want

-----------------------------
to see your lagometer
-----------------------------

bind p seta cg_lagometer 1
bind o seta cg_lagometer o
same again replace p and o with your own keys

Originally posted by: Jim

A common theory used with games is that the prettier the screen looks the better your gameplay will be. That is actually very far from the truth. So I am going to make a little guide as to what you can do to make your pc play the game better. Most of these settings are true to any game based of off the quake 3 engine. First things first. What are your fps? Here is how to check your fps. First drop the console ` then type /cg_drawfps 1 ok now you can see what your fps is. if it is at 60 well that is probably because you have sync every frame on. Now what I am going to have you all do is in game go to options>>>performance turn "sync every frame" no "dynamic lighting" none. These are 2 big things that really effect you fps. There is alot of variables for "fine tuning" your game. But here is some places to start at. You want to cap your fps at whatever value they can consistently hold. Here is a couple "sweet spots for your fps. 60,85,125,250,333. Most of you will probably use 125. Now the advantage of having higher fps is you can shoot your weapons faster and you can also jump farther. now there is another setting that will help with hit reg. cl_maxpackets. a common setting for this is 100. Now one thing it will do is if your ping is under 50 it will raise it to a constant 48, but that is better then having a low ping that bounces. It means that your shots will always be in the same spot everytime. for those with ping higher then 50 it can actually lower it a touch. if you are having trouble with hit reg make sure that your screen res is not to high, go either with 800*600 or 1024*768. 1024 is the highest I would go for anyone. Also turn those game settings down. Such as textures,characters, turn ejecting brass off, nvidia distance fog off, texture filter set to bilinear, model and particle detail to low. Start off with these. There is some other settings that I will scrounge up that can help your pc run the game smoother. I will post additional info as it comes. I am just going to make a list of some of the commands right quick so you dont have to search the post for them.

/cg_drawfps 1=on/0=off
/com_maxfps 0 to unlock/or set the value example 125
/cg_lagometer 1=on/2=off
/cl_maxpackets (set too 100 for most of you.)
/com_hunkmegs set to half of your system memory or do not exceed 512.
/snaps 20 to 40
/rate 25000
Back to top Go down
Jim
General
General
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Game settings tweaks.   Game settings tweaks. EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:39 am

I was doing some checking online and found this article. I think this came from the BYOB clans forums if I do recall correctly.

many people want to know 1 thing.

"HOW DO U GET OVER 91 FPS?!"

here is an IN GAME graphics menu setup

Screen Resolution: 1024x768
FullScreen: Yes
Character Textures: Extra
General Textures: Extra
Texture Filter: Triliner
Texture Quality: 32 bit
nVidia Distance Fog: Yes

Options - System Performance

Wall Marks: On
Ejecting Brass: On
Dynamic Lights: Everything
World Dynamic Light Quality: Nicest
Model Detail: Maximum
Sync Every Frame: No
Show Blood: YES

ok now your saying what thats maximum settings i cant take that. ok so if your card wont support it . do this

Drop your Char and Gen textures to high, set the texture filter to Biliner and the quality to defualt (witch is still 32 bit)
on the performance hand set the dynamic lights to Models only, and light quality to Fastest. Model Detail will be fine at Maximum.

now Open the Console(~).(this is the real tweaks)
Step 1: type in how i have it.
Step 2: if your confused post a reply and ill get back to you.
Step 3: Lets begin.

first lets start out by showing your FPS.
/set cg_drawfps 1
now lets un cap the maximum 91 fps limit
/set com_maxfps 0
(0 means no limit if u want a limit to see if your card tops out just punch in a 3 digit number start out with 110. then go to 120 and so on.)

Now on to the next tweak. this is for your ram. to help save some.
128mb users:
sorry to say this but you need to upgrade.
256mb users:
/set com_hunkmegs 128
512mb users:
/set com_hunkmegs 256
576mb users:
/set com_hunkmegs 288
640mb users:
/set com_hunkmegs 320
768mb users:
/set com_hunkmegs 384
1gb users:
/set com_hunkmegs 512
1.5gb users:
/set com_hunkmegs 768
2gb users:
/set com_hunkmegs 1024

if you havnt realized yet how to set this. take your System Ram (Memory) and cut it in half. how much would you have? whatever the answer is thats what you set your hunk megs to.

now this is option. forthose with out a 3d video card you should use this.
this Enables software graphics rendering for computers without a 3D graphics card

/set r_allowSoftwareGL 1 (defualt is 0. )

picmip and picmip2 controls the texture quality in the maps. By setting this value to 0 you will get maximum texture quality but poor performance. If you increase the value by 1, up to 4, you will see a gradual decrease in texture quality (walls, floors etc. become blurrier with picmip btu on picmip2 its faces, items, clothing etc. that become blurrie.) but may notice an increase in frame rates.

/set r_picmip 1 (defualt 1, i use 2 min-max is 0-4)
/set r_picmip2 1 (defualt 1, i use 2 min-max is 0-4)

now here is a list :

command / defualt / change to

cg_drawFPS / 0 / 0=off, 1=basic, 2=advanced = Command used to display your current frame rate (FPS, frames per second). You can set this to 1 for a basic fps read out, or 2 for extended info.

com_hunkmegs/ 128 / Number (128+) =com_hunkmegs defines how much memory the game can use for caching. By increasing this value you can make the maps load faster, especially after you have played them once. Some maps also use shared components, and having these in memory decreases loading time between maps

com_maxfps / 85 / Number (0=no limit) =The command used to set the maximum frames per second (FPS) the game will render at. Set to 0 for unlimited

r_picmip2 / 1 / Number (0-4) =picmip2 controls the texture quality in the maps. By setting this value to 0 you will get maximum texture quality but poor performance. If you increase the value by 1, up to 4, you will see a gradual decrease in texture quality (players faces, clothes etc. become blurrier) but may notice an increase in frame rates.

r_picmip / 1 / Number (0-4) = picmip controls the texture quality in the maps. By setting this value to 0 you will get maximum texture quality but poor performance. If you increase the value by 1, up to 4, you will see a gradual decrease in texture quality (walls, floors etc. become blurrier) but may notice an increase in frame rates.

r_lodscale / 1 / Decimal (0-3) =As you get closer to an object its detail becomes greater. This command scales the distance at which additional detail becomes visible. The lower you set this value (ie 0.5) the further away objects will have to be before they lose detail.

r_lodbias / 0 / Number (0-4) =This command controls the Level of Detail (LOD) in the player models, and other models such as weapons and trees.

cg_brass / 1 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =Set to 1 to draw bullet shells ejected from the gun lying on ground, or 0 to disable them. Disabling ejecting brass may give a performance increase on slower systems.

cg_marks / 1 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =When set to 0 bullet marks, explosion marks and other such wall damage markings will not be drawn. Can result in a slight performance increase for slower systems.

cg_blood / 1 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =Blood is drawn when set to 1. Can give small performance increase to low end systems to disable blood, by setting it to 0

r_detailtextures / 1 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =When disabled certain textures may be drawn with less layers, as specified by the corresponding shader.

r_allowSoftwareGL / 0 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =Enables software graphics rendering for computers without a 3D graphics card

r_displayRefresh / 0 / Number (0=auto 60+) =Sets the monitor refresh rate

r_colorbits / 32 / Number (16, 32) =Recommended set to 32 wherever possible, however some early video cards don't support 32bit colour. When set to 16 the image on your screen will be dithered because the colour palette is not big enough to choose from, so close colours are mixed to create the actual colour.

r_dlightQuality / 1 / 1 or 0 (high/low) =ets the quality of dynamic lights, such as the flash of a gun on a wall. Setting this to 0 results in flatter less bright dynamic lights

r_drawSun / 1 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =When disabled the glare effect will not be drawn around the sun.

r_dynamiclight / 1 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =Dynamic lights, such as the flash of a gun on a wall, will not be drawn when disabled

r_fastsky / 0 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =When set to 1 the sky is drawn as a flat colour.

timedemo / 0 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =Set this to 1, then run a demo. The demo will be run at the maximum speed possible, and when it is complete a read out in the console shows your average FPS over the course of the demo.

Back to CoD console variables list

r_finish / 0 / 1 or 0 (on/off) =Setting this to 0 can give a small increase in frame rates.

r_diffuseSunSteps / 3/ Number =Sets the number of steps diffuse lighting is calculated over

r_diffuseSunQuality / 2 / Number =Sets the quality of sun diffuse lighting on player models
Back to top Go down
#BringIT|IoRi

PostSubject: Re: Game settings tweaks.   Game settings tweaks. EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Thank you a lot, i had btw 100 and 108 of ping now i have btw 80 and 88 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tripletap
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Game settings tweaks.   Game settings tweaks. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks for the info. Have to start tweaking and see how it pans out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game settings tweaks.   Game settings tweaks. Empty

Back to top Go down

Game settings tweaks.
Page 1 of 1