Elder Warriors Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CoD4: Color Killfeed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FeaR

FeaR

CoD4: Color Killfeed Empty
PostSubject: CoD4: Color Killfeed   CoD4: Color Killfeed EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:34 pm

My first official thread here. Surprised

Since I've noticed that you guys are starting to play CoD4 more I thought I'd share this with you. Now, if you don't already know what the killfeed is, it's the little thing on the bottom left of who killed who and all that jazz. What many don't know is that in CoD4, you can modify those colors and the colors of the scoreboard without an actual mod. It's actually quite simple.

This is the one I use, feel free to use it if you'd like. The colors are Blue for Allies (Marines, SAS) and Orange for Axis (Spetsnaz and OpFor).

/bind W "+forward; g_teamcolor_myteam 0. 1. 0; g_Teamcolor_allies 0. 0. 6. 1; g_teamcolor_axis 1. 0.4. 0; g_ScoresColor_Allies 0. 0. 6. 1; g_ScoresColor_Axis 1. 0.4. 0; g_ScoresColor_EnemyTeam 1. 0.4. 0; g_ScoresColor_MyTeam 1. 1. 0"

Now, my guess is that the first thing you notice is that this is a bind. Sadly you cannot put this directly into your config so you have to bind it to one of your most used keys. I use "W" for forward, so naturally I set it as that. Now, it is very simple to learn once you learn the color codes. "g_teamcolor_myteam" is going to be what the names of your team appear as above there head. I use green (0. 1. 0) as the color as green is most associated with friendlies in first person shooters. "Teamcolor_allies" Is going to be the color of the Allied forces in the killfeed. Later on when it says "Scorescolor_(Axis or Allies) that is going to be the color of that team on the scoreboard. I generally try to keep mine the same as on the killfeed but I don't make the rules so you can do what ever you want Razz.

Making Your Own

Making your own is really simple. I've basically told you the hard things above (not the Axis part, because it's the same as the allies!). Color codes are really the only thing that could slow you down. Luckily theres this site:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040518065653/http://www.boodizm.net/sof2/crosshairs.asp

This site has plently of colors to get you started on making your own color combinations. Just remember to save these, as it's much easier to switch them if they're saved than having to go back and re create every single one!
Back to top Go down
Rifle Dropper
General of the Army
General of the Army
Rifle Dropper

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Color Killfeed   CoD4: Color Killfeed EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 am

Nice info man, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kedz is the god of [EW]
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Color Killfeed   CoD4: Color Killfeed EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:29 am

great! now how do i make my enemies glow?
Back to top Go down
Rifle Dropper
General of the Army
General of the Army
Rifle Dropper

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Color Killfeed   CoD4: Color Killfeed EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 am

ask ranger...
Back to top Go down
FeaR

FeaR

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Color Killfeed   CoD4: Color Killfeed EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 pm

Funny you should say that. This pro player named Paradox has a mode on his config where everything goes into negative. It basically makes people glow.
Back to top Go down
souL
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Color Killfeed   CoD4: Color Killfeed EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:48 pm

There is no legit way to make players glow. If you want players glowing use chams.

What trinity is refering to is built-in color and gamma settings in Promod and Promod Live, not his config. Granted, you can bind the settings, but players don't "glow", they are just easier to spot.

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=625&Itemid=74

Use that site for everything config related.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoD4: Color Killfeed   CoD4: Color Killfeed Empty

Back to top Go down

CoD4: Color Killfeed
Page 1 of 1