Elder Warriors Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HACKS! *Throws a computer*

Go down 
+4
Sgt.Maj.Private
Sturmtruppe
Rifle Dropper
Mvpeh
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mvpeh
Private
Private
Mvpeh

HACKS! *Throws a computer* Empty
PostSubject: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Well, I'm pretty new to the server, and I've noticed an increasing number of H4x0rz in the server. For example, 15 minutes ago, not even, I ragequitted due to the fact the MonkeyKiller was owning me with an aimbot, and a G3.
Case 2:
I was having fun on my favorite map, Strike, when a hacker, DeathMC, hopped on board with an RPG in one hand and aimbot in the other.
What I'm trying to say here is that not that many admins are on as often to enforce server rules to banhammer these ch00bs stealing my kills from the shadows.

Thanks for your time and please leave any cases (I've seen TONS of hackers, just these two I remembered) down there in the comments to be added.
Back to top Go down
Rifle Dropper
General of the Army
General of the Army
Rifle Dropper

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:22 pm

A good demo would help, xfire makes decent vids. I don't play CoD4 but the guys taking care of it do an excellent job... They post new hacker bans pretty much daily, with vids. If you post proof I'm sure it can be taken care of. The server logs record the info we need, so with a name and a demo they can be dealt with.
And sorry to hear about your difficulties.
Back to top Go down
Sturmtruppe
General of the Army
General of the Army
Sturmtruppe

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:26 pm

we do try, and we are relatively new. We are currently working on our admin "patrols" if you will. please be patient
Back to top Go down
Sgt.Maj.Private
Private
Private
Sgt.Maj.Private

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:09 pm

I agree with the creator, but don't know how to make a video. Forgive me if this is ignorant, but why don't we use PB again?
Back to top Go down
darkrai273
Sergeant
Sergeant
darkrai273

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Yes, this does happen i have heard, we have many hackers due to punkbuster is off... but when we turned punkbuster off the numbers dropped ALOT, so our admins (who are very good at keeping it clean) can not be on 24/7, and we only have few admins atm, and about 3-4 main ones. I for one, am not a COD4 player, but i do hang out with 2 of the main admins often, so they talk about COD4 with me. So yes, we will keep doing the best we can to keep it clean from hackers, but there is always going to be at least 1 or 2 when the admins are offline, and trust me, the admins do EVERYTHING they can, i know a couple who stayed up all night once to keep it clean. Smile

[EW]Darkrai273
Back to top Go down
Kedz is the god of [EW]
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Sgt.Maj.Private wrote:
Forgive me if this is ignorant, but why don't we use PB again?

well we have PB off because of it pointlessly kicking legit people and letting wallers and aimbotters run free, i mean PB boots me randomly for "handshacking" or "pnkbstrb" didnt start. its gonna take awhile but sometime in the next few months there should be very few people hacking on the server.
Back to top Go down
[EW]Simon

[EW]Simon

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Sgt.Maj.Private wrote:
I agree with the creator, but don't know how to make a video. Forgive me if this is ignorant, but why don't we use PB again?

To make a video just type /record , it will make make a demo called demo000 (If it's your first demo) or if you wish to name it type /record name ... name being the name you wish the demo to have. There are of course other ways (x-fire, Fraps) but this is the way to do it through he game.
Back to top Go down
Mvpeh
Private
Private
Mvpeh

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:53 pm

Tom, solution[s]:

Go Offline on Steam.
Make sure Windows Firewall isn't blocking you.
Go to the PB website and download the PBSetup thing, and update it.
Back to top Go down
Mvpeh
Private
Private
Mvpeh

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Oh, and I'd post a demo, but I use a Machinima-camcorder that saves files as 1080p and 5GB files. -_-
Back to top Go down
[EW]Bartist
Private
Private
[EW]Bartist

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Mvpeh wrote:
Tom, solution[s]:

Go Offline on Steam.
Make sure Windows Firewall isn't blocking you.
Go to the PB website and download the PBSetup thing, and update it.

there is a difference between reading some claims, just having faith that PB will save you all.
and
trying it repeatedly, in different games, with different computers, with the newest greatest version of PunkBuster EVER, at several points in time.
and watching it kick a fresh machine (fresh OS, fresh install of the the game and the newest downloaded punkbuster, and get kicked for "losing key packets" once a week, just because a couple packets got lost out in the internet, NOT a firewall issue, not outdated PB and I have only had steam on one of my computers and will not install that crap in the future.

and PUNKBUSTER only catches those who use the hacks they downloaded from their google search. I have watched aimbotters run wild on OUR EW server, with punkbuster ON, and it did NOT catch them, it did NOT kick them. and wallhacks, it captures screenshots of each player periodically, causing you lag when it takes and uploads the pic to the server for some poor admin to sort thru the 2,400 screenshots taken TODAY, trying to see if any of the pics shows anything.

Every time a new person joins up and says "why don't you just use punkbuster?" "PB would solve our problems" we note that this is a person who does not know what they are taking about and yet seems to think that they know better than us on how to run our servers. And then would tell us that we simply don't know how to download an update or open a firewall, rather insulting of you.

Thank you for posting instructions on how to "fix" the problems.

You might consider using a different method to record, rather than your apparent "Machinima-camcorder or Nothing" approach. perhaps read what rd & simon have posted and use the in-game record demo feature, or X-fire, or FRAPS.
Back to top Go down
Mvpeh
Private
Private
Mvpeh

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound high class..This was a while back.
I also prefer using CamStudio for short videos. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mvpeh
Private
Private
Mvpeh

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 pm

AND,
I prefer no PB. I have in no way said anything about running your servers. I said sometimes, there aren't online admins [AFK ones, though], but I didn't say the server isn't maintained well. In fact, I think it is the most well maintained CoD4 server out there. I thought that the second I joined the server and there was no hackers. ;]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HACKS! *Throws a computer*   HACKS! *Throws a computer* Empty

Back to top Go down

HACKS! *Throws a computer*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elder Warriors Clan Forums :: CoD4-
Jump to: