Elder Warriors Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music album finder plugin for Firefox

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
souL
General of the Army
General of the Army

Music album finder plugin for Firefox Empty
PostSubject: Music album finder plugin for Firefox   Music album finder plugin for Firefox EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I wrote a custom search engine for Firefox that allows you to easily find music albums using the built in Firefox Search Bar:

Browse to %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins

Make a new text file, and rename it to albumfinder.src

Open albumfinder.src with your favorite text editor, and paste in the following:

Code:
<search
name="Find an album"
method="GET"
action="http://www.google.com/search"
queryCharset="utf-8"
>

<input name="q" user>
<input name="sitesearch" value="mediafire.com">
</search>

Optional

To add the icon that shows up on the left side of the search bar, save this image as albumfinder.gif, in the same directory:
Music album finder plugin for Firefox Nl6hxi

Save it and restart Firefox.

To use it, click the Drop-down on the left side of the search bar and select Find an album. Type in the band, song, or album you are looking for and hit Enter.

Music album finder plugin for Firefox Nmevk4

It's pretty simple, but it works quite well.
Back to top Go down
Jim
General
General
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Music album finder plugin for Firefox   Music album finder plugin for Firefox EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:53 am

Sweet never saw this, thanks SouL!
Back to top Go down
xXBlItZXx
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
xXBlItZXx

PostSubject: Re: Music album finder plugin for Firefox   Music album finder plugin for Firefox EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 am

I haven't tried this yet, but isn't this basically just putting another skin on Google or any other search engine and labeling it as an album finder? Wouldn't you get the same exact results from using your plug in and Google?
Back to top Go down
souL
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Music album finder plugin for Firefox   Music album finder plugin for Firefox EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:07 am

xXBlItZXx wrote:
I haven't tried this yet, but isn't this basically just putting another skin on Google or any other search engine and labeling it as an album finder? Wouldn't you get the same exact results from using your plug in and Google?

No. The results are 99% relevant direct download links. If you type a band and album name into Google, you are going to get 99% links to information, but not where to actually download it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music album finder plugin for Firefox   Music album finder plugin for Firefox Empty

Back to top Go down

Music album finder plugin for Firefox
Page 1 of 1